This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
God's Old Temple
- A long time ago, two men went to the temple of the Most High God to pray.
- The first man followed many rules, and taught his religion to others.
- The second man worked for the government collecting tax money.
- The first man prayed alone and said, “God, thank you that I am different than the other men: robbers, evildoers, adulterers, and even this tax collector.
- I fast two times per week and give 10% of the money I make to this temple.
- The second man stood very far away.
- He felt unworthy to even go inside.
- He was too afraid to look up to heaven.
- He beat his chest and prayed, “God, have mercy on me, a sinner!”
- The tax collector walked away righteous before God, not the religious man.
- Those who brag about themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be given honor.
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?