This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
Slaves, Part 2
- Some time later, Moses was tending the flock of sheep belonging to his father-in-law, Jethro.
- He led the flock near a mountain the people called, "The mountain of God."
- There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush.
- Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.
- So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”
- When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”
- And Moses said, “Here I am.”
- “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”
- Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.”
- At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
- The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt.
- I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.
- So I have come to rescue them from the Egyptians and bring them into a good and spacious land, flowing with milk and honey.
- So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
- But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”
- And God said, “I will be with you. When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.”
- Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites, and they ask me, ‘What is your name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
- God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?