This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
God's People Sin
- Another generation grew up who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel.
- These Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord and served false gods.
- They forsook the Lord, who had brought their ancestors out of Egypt.
- So God became angry and allowed their enemies to overtake them.
- Whenever Israel went out to fight, the hand of the Lord was against them.
- They were in great distress.
- Then the Lord raised up judges to save them.
- God was with the judges, and saved Israel from their enemies.
- But Israel did not listen to these judges.
- When each one died, the Israelites returned to ways more evil than their ancestors.
- They clung to their false gods, and their evil increased before the Lord.
- They refused to give up their evil practices and stubborn ways.
- Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel.
- Who violated His covenant and would not listen.
- So He decided not to drive out their enemies, and said,
- "I will use them to test Israel.
- And see whether they will keep the way of the Lord and walk in it as their ancestors did.”
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?