This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
John the Baptist
- John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
- “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”
- Long before, the prophet Isaiah spoke of him:
- “A single voice is crying out in the wilderness,
- ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’"
- John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist.
- His food was locusts and wild honey.
- People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan.
- Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.
- But when he saw many of the religious teachers of Israel, Pharisees and Sadducees,
- He said to them: “You snakes! Who warned you to escape the coming wrath?
- Make use of yourselves by repenting.
- Do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’
- I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.
- The ax is already at the root of the trees,
- And very tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?