This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
- Jesus and his disciples finished crossing the lake and Jesus got out of the boat.
- A man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him.
- He had often been chained hand and foot
- But he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet.
- Night and day would cry out from among the tombs and cut himself with stones
- When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him.
- He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?
- In God’s name don’t torture me!”
- For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”
- Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”
- “My name is Legion, for we are many." (a legion was a group of soldiers in the Roman Empire).
- He begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of that area.
- The demons begged Jesus to be allowed to enter a nearby heard of pigs.
- He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs.
- The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.
- The people went out to see what had happened and saw that dressed and in his right mind.
- They were afraid and when they heard what happened to the pigs, they asked Jesus to leave their region.
- As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him.
- But Jesus said, “Go home to your own people,
- And tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”
- Off he went, and he began amazing everyone by telling the people how much Jesus had done for him.
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?