This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
Death of a Friend, Part 1
- Mary and Martha sent word to Jesus, “Lord, the one you love is sick.”
- When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death.
- No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”
- Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus, who was sick.
- He said to his disciples, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”
- Lazarus had been dead four days when Jesus arrived, and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary.
- “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died.
- But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”
- Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
- Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
- Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life.
- The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
- And whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
- “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God,who is to come into the world.”
- Jesus sent for Mary and she quickly got up and went out to him.
- Mary said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”
- She was weeping, along with everyone who had come to mourn.
- When Jesus saw this, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?