This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
- A Samaritan woman came to draw water from a well, and Jesus asked her for a drink.
- She was confused, because Jews did not associate with Samaritans.
- Jesus said, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that asks you for a drink,
- You would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
- “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with. Where can you get this living water?
- Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.
- Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
- The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
- As they talked, she came to realize he was a prophet, but she was still troubled because he was a Jew, and she was a samaritan.
- And Jesus assured her, that true worshipers worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, regardless of racial background.
- The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming.
- When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”
- "I am he," Jesus declared.
- Later that day, many Samaritans heard her testimony and believed.
- They came to Jesus and urged him to stay.
- He stayed two day and because of his words many more became believers.
- They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said;
- Now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?