This is the Discovery GAME, where we discover spiritual truths through storytelling.
- The mother of two of the men following Jesus went to Jesus with her two sons and worshipped him, and wanted something.
- Jesus asked her, "What do you desire?"
- She said, “Let my sons sit with you in your Kingdom, one on your right, and one on your left.”
- Jesus told them, ”You do not understand what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup I shall drink of, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
- “We can,” they said.
- "You shall indeed drink of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with," Jesus said.
- "But to sit at my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give. My Father will choose who those seats are for."
- The other disciples heard and were very upset at the two sons.
- Jesus said, “You know princes around the world rule their people, and they that are great push others down.
- It will not be so with you. If any one among you wants to be great, let him be a helper for you.
- And whoever wants to be the chief, let him be your servant."
- Jesus told them to be just like him, who did not come to get help, but to give help, and give his life as a ransom for many.
ASK YOURSELVES THESE FIVE QUESTIONS
In this story, what did I discover about God?
What did I discover about man?
How am I doing in obeying God's way?
How am I doing in spreading God's truth?
How am I doing in loving others God has placed in my life?